You can read more about how to purchase the New York Sightseeing Pass step-by-step on this page. Below you can find out more about what to expect when purchasing the pass online.
The questions answered in this step-by-step guide are
It’s best to purchase the pass directly through the New York Sightseeing Pass website. This allows you to take advantage of the lowest prices. It’s also possible to purchase the pass through the Sightseeing Pass mobile app. Both website and the app will always offer up to date information, and detailed instructions for using the pass at the included attractions.
On the homepage, you can read more about the pass and what its benefits are. The website states you can buy in advance as you have 24 months to activate the pass along with other information. You can find out more information about the New York Sightseeing Pass here.
In this guide, you’ll find instructions for purchasing both the Day Pass and Flex Pass from New York Sightseeing Pass online. View the screenshots of buying both passes on the right-hand side of this page.
1. If you would like to buy one of the passes, click ‘Buy Now’ on the upper right corner of the home page. If you would like to find out more about the New York Sightseeing Pass, you can read more on the homepage or by clicking one of the options on the menu at the top of the homepage. It’s also possible to adjust the language, you can find the language options above ‘Tips and Guides’ on the menu.
2. After clicking ‘Buy Now’, on the next page you’ll be presented with a comparison of the passes. You can read more about each pass by clicking ‘Learn More’. When you’re ready to do the purchase, click on ‘Buy Now’ under the pass you’d like to buy.
3. Here you can view the possible pass durations or the different amounts of attractions along with the prices for adults and children. You can also see how much you can potentially save by buying a pass. Select how many days/attractions you would like to use the pass for and the number of passes you’d like to buy. If you have a valid promotional code, you can enter this under the table of prices beside the question ‘Have a promo code?”. Don’t forget to click submit code. This will apply the code and replace any existing offers. Afterwards, click ‘Checkout’ to proceed.
4. The next page will give you the option to add insurance to your pass(es). This option gives you a 24 months money-back guarantee for an additional charge of 4% of your total order. Besides this offer, you can view the contents of your online basket. Below this, you’re asked to select the estimated start date of your trip to New York so you can be kept up to date with any changes to included attractions, etc. Click ‘Continue to Payment’.
6. The previous field with your email address will become hidden; you can still edit this by clicking ‘view’. A drop-down field will appear with the title ‘Payment Options’. Select the country/region from the drop-down field where your payment method is registered. Afterwards, click the payment method offered (e.g. for UK pay with Credit or Debit Card) and fill in the required details. Click ‘Authorise’ and this will take you to the confirmation page.
It’s possible to use a promotional code when purchasing your pass. Enter your promotional code when selecting the number of days/attractions for the pass. You can enter your code beside the question ‘Have a promo code?’. This can be found under the table of prices for each amount of days/ attractions. It’s good to know that applying a promotional code will replace any currently existing offers. Below you can find what entering a promotional code looks like:
The New York Sightseeing Pass has validity for 24 months so take advantage of the discounts.
Once you have purchased your pass(es), a confirmation email will be sent to you. It will be sent to the email address you’ve previously filled out when placing your order. This email will contain a link to your pass(es). You can print the pass(es) out or add them to your Apple/Android wallet. The Sightseeing Pass recommends registering and making a free account with them so you can access your passes directly on their app. Once you log into your account in the app, your pass will automatically download to your mobile.
Below you can read more about the advantages and disadvantages when using The New York Sightseeing Pass.
If you’d prefer to access the pass directly on the Sightseeing app, you’ll have to create an account. You can do this on the website or through the app. After creating your account, download or sign into your account on the Sightseeing Pass app. Your pass(es) will automatically download to your device.
It’s simple to use your pass at most attractions; all you have to do is present your digital Pass on your mobile or printed at the admission desk for each attraction. However, it’s good to know that the entrance varies for each attraction.
The New York Sightseeing Pass does advertise a ‘Fast Track Entry’ as a benefit. However, this is mainly only applicable to certain restaurants. This benefit can only be used at two attractions: Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum and Madame Tussauds New York. Overall, it’s worth taking time to read the instructions for the attractions you would like to visit. This means you’ll be less likely to experience problems with the pass while you’re in New York.
TIP: Download The Sightseeing Pass Guidebook to help make the most of your trip
Several of the tours offered by The New York Sightseeing Pass require a reservation in advance, this is due to limited spots on each tour. It’s worth knowing that making a reservation will not activate your pass. If you would like to reserve a tour such as the Harlem Gospel Experience Tour or Secrets of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Tour, you’ll have to book your spot before you get to New York.
When you reserve a tour, you’ll be asked to enter your pass number along with your credit card details. Your card will only be charged if you don’t show up to the tour or if you arrive late and the tour has already departed. If this happens, you’ll be charged the full retail price which means paying this charge on top of one of your attractions. It’s important to read the terms and conditions of each provider carefully to avoid potential problems and disappointment.
1. From the New York Sightseeing Pass site, find the Bronx’s Little Italy and Arthur Avenue Tour by Inside Out Tours via the ‘Attractions’ menu.
2. Copy and paste the mentioned website to your URL, this will take you to the tour provider website.
3. Click ‘Browse tour options’ on the home page
4. Select the Bronx’s Little Italy and Arthur Avenue Tour, fill in your desired date and departure time on the calendar
5. Fill in the number of places you would like to book from the ‘Sightseeing Passes’ option.
6. Enter your pass numbers in the fields provided below (one pass per field).
7. Below you can fill in any additional comments.
8. Enter your contact information and credit card details to hold the reservation.
9. Click ‘Complete your booking’ by ticking that you agree to the terms of service.